Mike and I made these last night and there were delicious. They bake quickly as well.
As mentioned in a previous post, this is a recipe I found from A Dash of Sass’s blog, with some very minor tweaks.
Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Craisin Almond Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup of Smart Balance or Earth Balance (or any butter/butter substitute of your choosing)
3 tbsp egg whites (or 1 egg’s worth of egg substitute)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon of skim milk (or soy milk or any milk you prefer)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Tiny bit of nutmeg
1 cup uncooked quick rolled oats
3/4 cup of craisins
3/4 cup chopped almonds
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
– Mix together the sugars in a large bowl.
– Cream the sugars with the softened butter.
– Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Cream until smooth.
– In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add slowly to the wet mixture until incorporated.
– Once smooth, stir in the oats, craisins, and almonds.
– Using a teaspoon or a small ice cream/cookie scoop, drop rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or on foil coated with non-stick spray.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!